Bluebell Wood Boarding Kennels
Bluebell Wood Boarding Kennels is set in the Charente region of France on 5 acres surrounded by woods and crop fields 25 mins West of Limoges Airport and with easy access off the N141.
I'm Ivina, the new owner of Bluebell Wood Kennels, I've been working with Tracey Maclennan for a while and am now taking over. I have been passionate about animals since I was small and my dream was to be able to work with them one day and it's now come true!
Your dog's stay will be very simlilar to when Tracey was here with a few changes - I am introducing home visits to check on your dogs and cats at your homes (contact us for a quotation) and in the near future we are planning a cattery here.
Your dog/s will be very comfortable, safe and well looked after in our established purpose built kennels. Each kennel has a 2mt x 1.5mt internal run and a 2mt x 1.5mt external covered run, giving plenty of space to move around with lots of fresh air in the summer. Then during the cooler months the kennel building is warmed with a log burner and for that extra comfort each internal run has an individual heat lamp
In addition to the runs is a purpose built kitchen area with sink and fridge, including food storage bins, which enables us to store and prepare for your dogs' individual catering needs.
The kennel block is situated behind our home, therefore we are never too far away from your dog/s even when we are off duty.
Viewings are welcome, just give us a call for a convenient time.
For your peace of mind and total security, the entrance gates, kennel block and surrounding areas are installed with an Intruder Alarm System.
From 1st Jan 2017
- 12€ per day for 1 dog
- 22€ per day for 2 dogs (sharing a kennel)
- 10€ per day per dog for 3+ dogs (sharing a kennel)
- Heating (optional) 2€ per night
YOUR DOGS' STAY
Your can bring your dog to the kennel in the mornings between 08:00 and 12:00 Monday to Friday and Saturday and Sunday from 08:00 to 12:30 so they can get used to the place and their kennel during the day.
Dogs can be picked up in the afternoon until 18:00 maximum), but this will incur additional charge (between 12:00 and 15:00 half a day per dog will be charged and between 15:00 and 18:00 1 day per dog will be charged).
You must sign our terms and conditions contract before each admission of the dogs.
WHAT YOU SHOULD BRING
You must bring your dogs' food, health record and / or passport with the details of current vaccinations. This will be kept in our care throughout the stay of your dogs. If they have medical treatment, please let us know before admission.
You can also bring if you wish, treats, baskets, toys, brushes ... etc
Dogs should also be treated against ticks, fleas and worms before admission.
What's in it for your dog/s?
- We are a very small concern, therefore your dog/s are guaranteed personal attention
- The internal runs are as big as the outside runs, giving your dog/s freedom to choose where to rest or play
- There is a 1.5 acre recreation area completely fenced allowing each individual dog or family group to exercise at regular intervals throughout the day and evening.
- The kennel block has been built with comfort and safety in mind
- Each run is cleaned and disinfected daily
- Your dog is walked each day individually or as a family group
- We allocate a daily routine of play and/or groom time
- Plus an added bonus of 2 enclosed outside runs where the dogs can run, play and socialise safely.
The kennel is fully registered in France with public liability insurance and veterinary approved. Siret No: 824 272 827 00018
Open all year round
Viewing welcome. By appointment. Monday to Saturday (Mornings only).